At the Village
You won't be at a loss for something to see, do, or experience when you visit the Barbour Living Heritage Village in Newtown, Newfoundland. There's so much that you'll want to plan ahead. You can start with a tour of the village or enjoy a delicious meal at the Olde Shoppe Restaurant.
- It's Living Interpretation - join us on a guided Tour of the Village.
- Are you a shopper looking for authentic Newfoundland crafts? Visit the Poop Deck Craft and Gift Shop.
- Do you like good, old-fashioned, Newfoundland food? You'll love the Olde Shoppe Restaurant.
- Do you enjoy music, comedy, dancing, theatrical plays? There is always Entertainment throughout the summer.
When you consider things to do at the Village, don't forget that we can accommodate weddings, group meetings, seminars, etc. The Waterfront Premises and Neptune II Theatre provides a perfect indoor facility which can accommodate large groups and provides the perfect setting for celebrations or meetings of all kinds. Couple that with the beautiful scenario and, in season, the Village Tour, and you will be guaranteed an enjoyable and successful event.
Stay and Pick Packages
In partnership with Homestead Adventures, during berry picking time we offer a package deal which includes a guided hike, boil-up, pick berries with Homestead and then return the The Village for dining and pie-making. You will have your choice of overnight stay in our Tourist Home or you can go Glamping.
There is plenty to see and do when you head out on the Road to the Shore. In addition to taking in all the attractions at the Barbour Living Heritage Village, we highly recommend you plan the following:
- Drive the shoreline in search of icebergs
- Meander through scenic New-Wes-Valley
- Rent a kayak and enjoy the views from the ocean
- Explore the area with a guided tour
- Walk the Trails
- Take in some bird watching
Click here for more information