At the Village
You won’t be at a loss for something to see, do, or experience when you visit the Barbour Living Heritage Village in Newtown, Newfoundland. There’s so much that you’ll want to plan ahead. You can start with a tour of the village or enjoy a delicious meal at the Olde Shoppe Restaurant. Then again, if you are the outdoors type, you might want to stop by the restaurant and pick up a picnic basket – everything you need right down to a beautiful Newfoundland Tartan picnic blanket.
- It’s Living Interpretation – join us on a guided Tour of the Village.
- Are you a shopper looking for authentic Newfoundland crafts? Visit the Poop Deck Craft and Gift Shop.
- Do you like good, old-fashioned, Newfoundland food? You’ll love the Olde Shoppe Restaurant.
- Do you enjoy theatrical plays? There are a number of productions throughout the summer.
When you consider things to do at the Village, don’t forget that we can accommodate weddings, group meetings, seminars, etc. The Waterfront Premises and Neptune II Theatre provides a perfect indoor facility which can accommodate large groups and provides the perfect setting for celebrations or meetings of all kinds. Couple that with the beautiful scenario and, in season, the Village Tour, and you will be guaranteed an enjoyable and successful event.
There are so many things to do. While you are in the area, in addition to the Barbour Living Heritage Village. you’ll want to take in some of other attractions. Remember to drop by the Olde Shoppe Restaurant first and pick up a picnic basket to take with you.
- Walk the Cape Island Walking Trails
- Watch the Birds